Why is taking CBD important?
- In general, taking CBD catalyzes everything else that you do or take into the body to create balance and health. Ultimately, the job of the endocannabinoid system (ECS) is to promote homeostasis: the maintenance of a stable internal environment despite fluctuations in the external environment.
- The ECS is fairly new to science but has existed in our body from the beginning and plays a vital role in almost every function of the body. Endocannabinoids are found in immune cells and work to reduce inflammation.
- The ECS plays a role in memory formation and learning, promotes neurogenesis in the hippocampus, and regulates neuronal excitability.
- It plays a role in how the brain will respond to trauma and inflammation and can act as a natural pain killer.
- In the peripheral nervous system, the ECS acts primarily in the sympathetic nervous system to regulate functions of the digestive, urinary, and reproductive tracts.
- The ECS modulates the release of dopamine, noradrenaline, serotonin, and cortisol, all of which broadly influence emotional response and behaviors.
- Feeling constipated or maybe things are going too well? Gut motility is partly regulated by the ECS.
- Overall, the ECS is a regulator of gut immunity, possibly by limiting the immune system from destroying healthy flora, and also through the modulation of cytokine signaling.
- The ECS modulates the natural inflammatory response in the digestive system and can, if healthy, prevent IBS, Crohn’s, Diverticulitis, etc.
- The ECS appears to regulate cytokine production and to have a role in preventing overactivity in the immune system.
- Other areas of health regulated by the ECS:
- Bone health
- Skin health
- Arterial and respiratory health
- Sleep and circadian rhythm
Cannabis is not a “one-size-fits-all” kind of plant.
One person may find relief from a high cannabidiol (CBD) tincture, while another may do better with one that has a little THC in the mix or capsules for longer release. This is because everyone’s different—or rather, each one of us has a unique endocannabinoid tone.
If you are not sure if you need to balance your ECS, just contact us for a consult. You can either call 619-761-9544 or Email us at info@SourceEmpoweredWellness.com with your full name, phone number, and what your needs are to see what is the best thing for you. We can drop ship herbs to you.
What is your Endocannabinoid tone?
An under active ECS is also known as “clinical endocannabinoid deficiency”.
The research is still catching up to be complete but since you read above on how pervasive the ECS is for the body systems, most doc’s agree that if your endocannabinoid tone is low, you’re more likely to have higher amounts of pain and inflammation as well as imbalances with mood, sleep and digestion.
Some conditions that are associated with clinical endocannabinoid deficiency are:
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Bipolar disorder
On the other hand, an overactive ECS is associated with conditions like:
What influences the ECS?
- In preclinical studies, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and small doses of opiates can enhance endocannabinoid tone – although, we don’t recommend this!
- Chronic doses of some steroids can decrease tone
- Lifestyle Choices: High-intensity exercise tends to boost anandamide levels (and therefore endocannabinoid tone)
- Chronic stress decreases tone
- Acupuncture and massage seem to tonify theECS, although is is not yet studied how
- Consuming CBD: CBD has been known to prevent the breakdown of the enzyme FAAH so THC can attach directly to CB1 receptors. Both of these actions enhance endocannabinoid tone.
We now carry CBD products – the BEST on the market is the one that comes from the EARTH with living soil practices!
Ok, we have tried a BUNCH of CBD products for years now and none has caught our attention as much as Alive Market.
Alive Market sources only the highest quality and organic ingredients. Their products are 100% guaranteed pesticide and GMO-free and are third party lab tested for potency, pesticides, microbial counts, metals, and residuals. And this product is made from flower instead of from industrial biomass so you get a POTENT dose of medicine as intended.
The living soil practices used on the hemp strains are natural, regenerative and sustainable. The hemp strains are then processed into a distillate oil and then mixed with organic MCT Coconut Oil. All of the cannabinoids, terpenes, vitamins and minerals remain in the products. making a full spectrum CBD oil with synergistic effects.