As we’re still in the thick of winter, which can be vouched for more greatly by some than others (hey Minnesotans!) it’s important to remember the importance of protecting our lungs. And what better time to discuss opening the body’s heart center, aka the house of the lungs, than the upcoming holiday formed to celebrate the heart’s favorite activity of love, Valentine’s Day!
First off, how can you spot an imbalance or energetic blockage in the heart center? Signs of such can appear in the form of:
- Unexplained shortness of breath
- Exercise intolerance
- Irregular heartbeats/palpitations
- Sleep apnea
- Bronchitis and Pneumonia
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Low oxygen levels/near-fainting
- Heart pain or attack
Of course there are ways to treat such things (most-any doctor is sure to have a list of go-to prescription medicines eagerly awaiting to be assigned to you), but what if we told you that you can be actively preventing those heart center congestions from manifesting into such unfortunate physical disturbances?
Well, we’re here to tell you just that. You can be actively preventing heart center congestions from manifesting into such unfortunate physical disturbances.
Some ways to prevent and/or soothe away imbalances early on include:
- Breathwork/meditation toward the heart chakra: meditation can help to restore proper energy flow to the heart chakra. Being extremely personal, take your time to find a practice that works best for you
- Heart-opening Yoga: again, invest the time in finding a practice that works best for you (the internet has videos galore for you to sample and savor, such as the one here
- Mantras: over time, the belief in the truth of repeating heart-supporting mantras will open the center and regulate the flow of energy to and through it (eg. “I open my heart to give and receive love freely” or “My heart guides me to things and people that excite and support its well-being”)
- Acupuncture: Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) considers emotions to be the main cause of energetic blockages in the body, tracing all diseases back to emotion, which stem from the heart center. Acupuncture is one of the most efficient and powerful ways to balance those blockages and regulate the flow of energy throughout the entire body.
- Regular exercise/moving the body: dance, walk, swim, do some pushups! Any physical activity that adds joy to your day and movement to your body helps to get your body’s energy (and blood) flowing more smoothly and soundly. This doesn’t mean intensity. This means moving regularly, from a place of love and care.
Possibly most-importantly, a balanced heart center will allow you to be who you are, instead of attempting to mold to external expectations and succumb to the pressures and stressors of life.
Let us at Source Empowered Wellness help you do your part to get balanced and lead an even more fulfilling life through increased overall wellness.