While inflammation is the body’s natural response to injury and expedited healing, chronic inflammation (slow and long-term/lasting for prolonged periods of several months to years) causes damage to healthy cells, tissues and organs. Over time, chronic inflammation can lead to DNA damage, tissue damage and internal scarring, linking it to many of the most common diseases in the US, including heart disease, rheumatoid arthritis and multiple sclerosis.
Generally, the extent and effects of chronic inflammation vary with the cause of injury and the ability of the body to repair and overcome damage done.
There are steps you can take to lower the risk for severity of damage done by chronic inflammation. One of those steps is Acupuncture.
Acupuncture for inflammation helps by:
- Reducing pro-inflammatory and increase anti-inflammatory cytokines
- Freeing up the flow of blood and energy
- Decreases pain caused by inflamed tissues and organs
- Targeting painful, tender joints (aka trigger points)
- Stimulating the body’s pituitary gland, which releases cortisol and reduces inflammation
Together we can lovingly prevent and combat the effects of chronic inflammation and the havok it is known to wreak.
Speak with your Acupuncturist today to prescribe a treatment schedule and herbal supplementation based on your individual goals and needs.